Sophie was born in Sydney, Australia and began dancing at 3 years of age. She has trained with The Australian Ballet School and Tanya Pearson’s Classical Coaching before joining the Queensland Ballet Academy where she completed the Senior Program and Pre-Professional Year. Sophie dreams of one day performing the title role of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet.
- Pas De Deux Girl in ‘Les Sylphides’
- Natalie Weir’s ‘Willow’
- Paul Boyd’s ‘Intimate Dialogues’
- Paul Boyd’s ‘Caravanserai’
- Harold Lander’s ‘Etudes’
- Christian Tatchev’s ‘Matador Suite’
- Excerpt from Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s ‘Concerto’
- ‘Les Sylphides’
- Margaret Wilson’s ‘Heartstrings’
What inspires you to dance?
I’ve always loved performing for an audience and sharing the joy of dance with people who appreciate the art form. I’m also inspired by being challenged every day, the idea of constantly improving and learning energises me.
2020 - François Klaus and Robyn White Award
Did you know…
Outside of ballet, Sophie loves watching the cricket!