Luke was born in Melbourne and began dancing at the age of 4. At the age of 12, he began training full time at the Victorian Collage of the Arts Secondary School. After graduating in 2017, he moved to Brisbane and joined Queensland Ballet Academy’s Pre-Professional Program. In 2018 Luke became a Jete Parker Young Artist and was promoted to Company Artist in 2019.
- Kenneth MacMillan’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’
- Liam Scarlett’s ‘The Firebird’ and ‘Dangerous Liaisons’
- Jirí Kylián’s ‘Soldiers Mass’
- Awarded RAD Solo Seal
- Finalist in the Sydney Eisteddfod Ballet Scholarship
- Won 1st place in the Victorian Ballet Teacher’s Workshop
- Paul Hammond foundation section 2015 and 2016
Did you know…
When Luke was 13, he had a passion for acrobatics, and almost considered leaving the Victorian College of the Arts to take up circus training at the National Institute of Circus Arts. However, his love for ballet grew as he got older, and he aspired to be a professional dancer instead.
“Always work hard and don’t give up. Be yourself and own your individuality. It is your biggest advantage.”