Arrival and check-in
Entry to the Academy is via Gate 1, L'Estrange Terrace.
Please make your way on foot to the building entrance where you will be greeted by our Front of House staff for check-in with your booking confirmation and seating details. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to the performance. Please allow enough time to park, check in and find your allocated seat/s.
Onsite parking is extremely limited. Patrons and guests can make use of street parking, and we suggest taking care to note time limits, meters and the Central Brisbane Traffic Zoning (2 hours maximum). Alternatively, QUT's carpark is available via Sports Lane, Kelvin Grove.
You will not be allowed into the studio once doors close for your performance. Please ensure you allow ample time for travel and parking to avoid disappointment.
Smart casual. However, to protect our state-of-the-art studio flooring, we ask that you please wear flat shoes to the Academy building.
Check in and you’re good to go!
We’re using the new Check In Qld app to help keep you COVID safe the next time you visit.
All you need to do is:
- Visit http://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- Enter your details once when you first open the app
- Open the app when you next visit us
- Select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
Using this digital check in means your details will be stored securely by the Queensland Government for 56 days to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing (if needed).
The Check In Qld app is safe, secure and private. By using it, you are helping Queensland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes to stay open, and you can visit us with confidence, knowing you can be contacted quickly and easily if there is any risk of exposure to the virus.
COVID Safe regulations
We thank you in advance for adhering to all regulations outlined to ensure the safety of all guests, dancers and staff. Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days or are COVID-19 positive.
- Stay home if unwell
- Stay 1.5m away from others
- Wash hands and use sanitiser
- Download the COVID Safe app
- Doors open 30 minutes prior
- Health screening on arrival
- Contact details for tracing
- No food or drinks for sale
Queensland Ballet and Queensland Ballet Academy takes the health and safety of our students, staff and patrons very seriously. To comply with COVID-19 health regulations, we ask all guests to note the following:
- Venue doors will open 30 minutes prior to the performance. Please allow enough time to park, check-in and find your allocated seat/s.
- Upon arrival, please proceed to the check-in desk at Reception
- Queensland Ballet's Front of House team will have your booking details ready.
- At the end of the performance, all guests must disperse quickly. Please do not mingle or loiter in the foyer.
- Please remain in your allocated seat for the duration of the performance.
- If you become unwell at the venue, please immediately seek assistance from a Queensland Ballet staff member.
- Please do not attend the performance if you are unwell, have flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have returned from overseas or a domestic hotspot within the last 14 days. Refunds are available.
- Please do not attend if you are required to self isolate and this event falls under your required isolation period. Refunds are available.
If you experience any COVID-19 symptom after the event, no matter how mild, you should get tested immediately. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection within 14 days of the event, please notify Queensland Ballet on 07 3013 6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Patrons acknowledge that while Queensland Ballet Academy and Kelvin Grove State College have taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the venue at their own risk without recourse against the venue regarding health outcomes.
Patrons with individual needs
With advanced notice, Queensland Ballet can accommodate a range of individual needs. It is strongly encouraged that patrons notify staff of any individual needs at the time of booking. Please call us on 07 3013 6665 for more information or assistance.
Phone: 07 3013 6665 | Fax: 07 3013 6600
Queensland Ballet Academy 101 L'Estrange Terrace, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059