Born in Kanazawa, Japan, Neneka started her dance training at aged 3 at the Keiko Miyanishi Ballet Studio. She then moved to Spain and danced with the Fundacion para la danza, and was then accepted into the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris where she was taught by ballet icons Claude de Vulpian and Celine Talon. Neneka joined Queensland ballet as a Jette Parker Young Artist in 2014 and since then has made her way up the ranks. She was promoted to Company Artist in 2015, Soloist in 2018, and in 2019 was promoted to Senior Soloist with the company.
- Russian girl in George Balanchine's Serenade
- Madame de Trouvel in Dangerous Liaisons
- Sugar Plum Fairy, Snow Queen and Clara in Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
- Cinderella in Ben Stevenson’s Cinderella
- Firebird in Liam Scarlett’s Firebird
- Nikiya in Greg Horsman's La Bayadère
- Odile in Ben Stevenson's Swan Lake
- Tinkerbell in Trey McIntyre's Peter Pan
- Moth in Liam Scarlett's A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Sir Kenneth MacMillan's Romeo & Juliet
- Le Corsaire Pas de deux
- Diana and Actéon Pas de deux in Isabelle Ciaravola et ses solistes
- Jiri Kylian’s Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Benjamin Millepied’s Plainspoken
Awarded the Gold Medal of Concours International de Danse de Biarritz
Gold Medal of Concours International Chausson d’Or in 2012
Finalist at the Prix de Lausanne in 2013.
Did you know…
Neneka lived in France for 3 years.
“You can learn from watching other beautiful dancers but try to never compare yourself. We all have different physical abilities and strengths, and it is important to know yourself well and be confident with what you have.”