Born in Havana, Cuba, Camilo began dancing in age 10 at the National Ballet School in Havana. He started dance as a hobby but fell in love with the art form after his first ballet class. In 2007, he joined the National Ballet of Cuba, and was then promoted to Principal Dancer in 2011. Camilo joined Queensland Ballet as a soloist in 2015, and in 2017 was promoted to Principal Artist during the company’s season of Peter Pan.
- Prince Sigfried- Swan Lake
- Solor and Golden Idol – Greg Horsman’s La Bayadere
- Mercutio – Kenneth MacMillan’s Romeo & Juliet
- Jerome Robbin’s In the Night
- Greg Horsman’s Never Stop Falling in love
- Basilio - Don Quixote
- Alain -La fille mal gardee
- Azari Pilsetski’s Spartacus
- Franz – Coppelia
Placed 2nd at 16 years old in the international ballet competition- Havana
Special mention: Best Couple International Ballet Competition- Havana
Did you know...
Camilo still enjoys indulging in traditions of his home country, including rum and Cuban cigars.
“Always enjoy what you do no matter what people think.”