Sensory Friendly Performance —
DATE & TIME
Tuesday 28 June at 6pm
Family $100 (2 adults, 2 children)
Groups 6+ $20
Schools $20 per student
Sensory Friendly - FAQs
1. What should my child expect from Queensland Ballet’s Little Red Riding Hood?
Funny, cheeky and feisty, Little Red Riding Hood is a delightful mashup of ballet and creative theatrics that children will love. This is a unique re-telling of a classic fairy-tale, set to an original score that will enthral the littlest lovers of dance and theatre. First commissioned by QPAC for the 2016 Out of the Box Festival for Children 8 years and under.
2. What is a sensory friendly performance?
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities.
3. Will there be bathrooms that are family friendly?
For this performance, all toilets at the Playhouse Theatre will be Family Friendly. Parents/carers can use either the male or female toilets with their children. Our friendly Front of House. Staff will be able to direct you to the nearest facility.
4. Will there be any quiet areas I can take my child to?
Quiet areas will be set up in the Playhouse Theatre Balcony Foyer during the show for people with special needs who may need a break from the performance. These will be attended to by volunteers from Autism Queensland and QPAC Front of House Staff.
5. What staff will be available to assist us on the day?
There will be volunteers from Autism Queensland to assist on the day as well as QPAC Front of House Staff.
6. Will there be cloakroom facilities to store items I do not wish to take into the theatre?
Yes, you can drop off any items you wish to cloak to the Playhouse foyer entry counter where a Front of House staff member will watch your belongings.
7. Will latecomers be allowed into the theatre?
Yes, latecomers will be allowed into the theatre at any time during the performance.
8. Am I able to bring in food and drink into the theatre?
Yes, you will be able to bring in light snacks and drinks in plastic containers. No hot food or glass will be allowed into the theatre.
9. What if my child is noisy during the show, will this be ok?
Yes, it is understood and accepted that there will be times when the audience reaction is louder than at other performances. Children may also bring into the theatre any toys or comfort items such as iPads, tablets, soft toys etc to assist them in feeling comfortable and calm in the space. These items are allowed to be used throughout the duration of the performance.
10. What if my child needs to take a break from the performance, is there a viewing room we can watch the performance from?
Yes, the Playhouse Theatre does have two viewing rooms available. Should you wish to watch the performance from a bit of a distance, or in a quieter space. Our Front of House staff will be able to assist you in accessing these viewing rooms.