Victor was born in Camaguey, Cuba, and started training at the Vocational Arts School at 8 years old. At age 14, he was a recipient of the Havana International Ballet School competition and received a scholarship to the Fernardo Alonso National Ballet School. It was here where he realised that he wanted to take up a career in dance, and after 5 years with the Company he was promoted to Principal Dancer at the young age of 22. After being approached by Artistic Director Li Cunxin AO, Victor joined QB in 2016 as a Principal Artist.
- Romeo in Kenneth MacMillan’s Romeo and Juliet
- Albretch in Alicia Alonso’s Giselle
- Derek Deanne’s Strictly Gershwin
- Jiri Kylian’s Soldiers Mass
- Principal Couple and Waltz Couple in George Balanchine’s Theme and Variations and Serenade
- Oberon and Puck in Liam Scarlett’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Solor in Greg Horsman’s La Bayadere Sigfried in Ben Stevenson’s Swan Lake
- Don Jose and Escamillo in Carlos Acosta’s Carmen
- Annabelle Lopez Ochoa’s Celeste
- Prince Desire in Greg Horsman’s The Sleeping Beauty Prince in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
- Basilio in Alicia Alonso’s Don Quixote
- Performed at 3rd International Ballet Gala in Buenos Aires
- Performed at Dortmund International Ballet Gala
- Gold Medal, two Silver Medals, one Bronze Medal in the International Ballet Competition in Havana
- Best Couple in 2010 and Best Interpretation in 2011 at the International Ballet Competition in Havana
- Finalist at the 2011 Youth America Grand Prix
Did you know?
Victor enjoys growing his own plants as they create a peaceful environment at home.
“My advice to aspiring dancers is, if you feel passionate or have some kind of love for this art form let yourself be free. Discover as much as you can, work hard and be disciplined. Trust yourself in the process and never lose interest in wanting to learn.”