Talia was born in Sydney and started dancing when she was just 4 years old. In 2012 Talia joined Queensland Ballet Academy as an associate and started the full-time program in 2017. In 2018 she was accepted as a Jete Young Artist and was promoted to Company Artist a year later.
- Mid Summer Night’s Dream by Liam Scarlett
- Swan Lake by Ben Stevenson
- La Bayadère by Greg Horseman
- Queensland Pops Orchestra, 2017 NYE Gala, Le Corsaire, Pas de deux
- Queensland Ballet Academy ‘Prelude 17’ Paquita
- 2017 Queensland Ballet Academy Paulette Carson Scholarship
- 2016 R.A.D. Adeline Genee International Ballet Competition - Silver Medal
- 2015 Y.A.G.P. Top Twelve Finalist, New York, U.S.A.
- Alana Haines Awards, Senior A, Finalist, Wellington N.Z.
- Royal Academy of Dance Australia, Advanced 1 National Bursary Winner
Did you know…
Talia considers herself an avid Harry Potter fan, or Potterhead.
Her love of dance was stemmed through her passion for music. She loves to portray her movements as an interpretation of the melodies or rhythms she hears.
“My advice to aspiring dancers is work hard every day and be happy with little steps of improvement. Remember that enjoying the journey is the true reward. Every day you can dance is a good one.”