Born in Quebec, Canada, Samaël began dancing at the age of seven. In 2014 he trained with ESBQ (École supérieure de ballet du Québec) before starting at Ellison Ballet where he trained for four years. In 2021, Samaël began private coaching with Sandra Mühlbauer and Diego Castro before joining Queensland Ballet as a Jette Parker Young Artist in 2022. Samaël dreams of one day performing Albrecht in Giselle because the characterisation requires the dancer to be both playful and noble at the same time, and the ‘musique’ (music) is very inspiring.
- La Sylphide - James
- The Sleeping Beauty - Blue Bird
- The Nutcracker (Children of the party, Fritz, Flower Waltz pas de deux, Pas de trois)
- Symphonie 5.1 vans Grimde- espace corps secret
Who inspires you to dance?
Cesar Corrales really inspired me to dance as his parents Taïna Morales and Jesus Corrales were my very first ballet teachers as a kid. I also remember seeing Carlos Acosta as Spartacus dancing at the Royal Ballet; he blew my mind and really inspired me to keep working hard.
- Prix de Lausanne 2021
- Ballet Grand Prix Vienna 2021 - Finalist with Encouragement Award
- Beijing International Ballet Competition 2021- Finalist
Did you know…
Samaël really enjoys unwinding in nature where he reads, draws, and meditates.