Lou was born in the Netherlands and started dancing at the age of 4. She was accepted into the Dance Academy of Zurich at 10 years old, where she studied for 7 years. Prior to graduating, she performed with Ballet Zurich, and went on to become a member of its Junior Company. Lou joined Queensland Ballet as a company artist in 2016.
- Cygnet and Soloist swan in Alexei Ratmansky’s Swan lake (Ballet Zurich)
- Clara in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker,
- the 3rd soloist shade in Greg Horsman’s La Bayadere,
- spring fairy in Ben Stevenson’s Cinderella,
- A Cygnet in Ben Stevenson’s Swan Lake,
- Victoire in Liam Scarlett’s Dangerous Liasons
- Koschei’s attendant in Liam Scarlett’s Firebird.
- 27th Varna International Ballet Competition in 2016 - Gold Medal, Emil Dimitrov Award for Young Talent and Sylvia Award for Promising Young Dancer
- Friends of Ballett Zürich: Outstanding Dancer Junior Company Season 15/16
- Prix de Lausanne 2015 - Audience Favourite Award and Best Swiss Candidate Award
- Migros Kulturprozent Scholarship in 2014 & 2015
- South African International Ballet Competition 2014 - Silver Medal
- Youth America Grand Prix, NYC Finals 2013 - Gold Medal and Dance Europe Outstanding Artistry Award
- Tanzolymp Berlin 2012 - Gold Medal
Did you know…
Lou speaks four different languages and wears different pointe shoes on her left and right foot.
“We are often driven to achieve our goals, yet we forget to enjoy and cherish the process that brings us closer to making our dreams come true. Make the most of every moment to grow and develop, celebrate achievements big and small and never forget why you chose this magical career.”