Joe was born in Hobart, Tasmania. After moving to New Zealand as a child, Joe commenced his dance journey at the Paula Hunt School of Dance, and later the Mt Eden Ballet Academy. He then moved to Sydney where he attended the McDonald College for Performing Arts, before training at The Australian Ballet School for six years, three being full-time. Joe graduated from the Australian Ballet School into the Australian Ballet, where he was part of the corps de ballet from 2012, and later promoted to coryphée in 2015. In 2018, Joe joined The National Ballet of Canada as a Second Soloist. Joe will join Queensland Ballet in 2021 as First Company Artist.
- Franz -Peggy Van Praagh’s ‘Coppelia’
- Camille -Ronald Hynd’s The Merry Widow
- Prince -Graeme Murphy’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- ‘Diana and Acteon Pas De Deux’
- Principal Ballet Man and Turning Ballet Man -Twyla Tharp’s ‘In The Upper Room’
- Solo Man -Sir Fredrick Ashton’s ‘Symphonic Variations’
- Uncle Nikolai -James Kudelka’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- Sextet -Crystal Pite’s ‘Emergence'
- Solo Cards and Flowers, The March Hare and Duchess -Christopher Wheeldon’s ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’
- Thomas Nijinsky -John Neumeier’s ‘Nijinsky’
- Bottom -Sir Fredrick Ashton’s ‘The Dream’
- 1st and 6th pas de deux -Jiri Kylian’s ‘Petit Mort’
- Beige couple -Jiri Kylian’s ‘Forgotten Land’
- 1st officer -Stephen Baynes’ ‘Swan Lake’
- Hungarian Rose Adage Prince -David McAllister’s ‘The Sleeping Beauty'
- Flower Consort, Trepak and Lead Arabian -Sir Peter Wright’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- Agni the Fire God -Stanton Welch’s ‘La Bayadere’