Age started dancing
Jo Ansell and Kim Traynor at Ettingshausens Dynamic Arts
Company Artist 2015, Demi-Soloist 2017, Senior Soloist 2018.
Oberon in Liam Scarlett’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Oberon in Liam Scarlett’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Principal in Rhapsody in Blue in Derek Deane’s Strictly Gershwin
- Bluebird in Greg Horsman’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Jiri Kylan’s Petite Morte
- Edward Liang’s Murmuration
- Harald Lander’s Etudes
- Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow
- Prince in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
- Principal in Greg Horsman’s Verdi Variations
Roles would love to dance
Romeo in Romeo & Juliet
After competing in the finals of Youth America Grand Prix 2011, Joel was awarded a full scholarship to the Ben Stevenson Academy in Houston, Texas as part of the Houston Ballet 2 Company. A dual prize winner of the Prix de Lausanne, Joel graduated from the Ben Stevenson Academy with the Best Dancer award. After representing Houston Ballet at the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival in Massachusetts, Joel joined Houston Ballet as an Apprentice in 2013. He was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2014 and toured extensively with the company.