Born in Saitama, Japan, Eriko started her dance training at 4 years old. In 2015 she moved to Paris to train at the Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique et Danse de Paris and was then accepted into Opera National de Paris as a Corps de Ballet member. She joined the Queensland Ballet as a Company Artist in 2018. Eriko’s favourite ballet to perform is La Sylphide, as she loves the romantic storyline and experimenting with delicate movements that complement the magical ballet.
- Liam Scarlett’s Dangerous Liaisons
- George Balanchine’s Serenade
- Rudolf Nureyev’s Swan lake
- George Balanchine’s Midsummer Nights Dream
- Serge Lifar’s Suite en Blanc
- Pierre Lacotte’s La Sylphide
- August Bournonville’s La Sylphide
- Frederick Ashton’s La fille mal gradée
- George Balanchine’s Theme & Variations
- Sleeping beauty Pas de deux
- La Batadère Gamzatti Pas de deux
- 2015: Semi-finalist / Prix de Lausanne 2015
- 2014: 1st place/ National Japan Grand Prix
- 2014: 1st place/ Ballet Concours in Yokohama
- 2013: 1st place & Prize of excellent/ Ballet Concours in Yokohama
- 2012: 1st place/ National Concours in Tokyo
- 2011: 1st place/ Elimination phase ob YAGP in Japan
- 2010: 1st place & Special prize/ Ballet Concours in Yokohama
- 2010: 1st place/ All Japan Ballet Union
Did you know...
Eriko can speak French, and enjoys finding new cafes around Brisbane in her spare time.
“Always have passion, believe in yourself and never give up!”