Born in the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Edward started his dance training at the age of 12. He attended the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School before being accepted into the Pre-Professional Program at Queensland Ballet in 2016. He joined the West Australian Ballet in 2018 and came back to Queensland Ballet in 2019 as a Jette Parker Young Artist. Edward was promoted to Company Artist for 2020.
- Kenneth McMillans Romeo & Juliet
- Yuri Kylians Soldiers Mass
- Greg Horsemans Never Stop Falling in Love
- Krzysztof Pastor's Dracula
- Jayne Smeulders The Nutcracker
- Genesis, West Australian Ballet's contemporary season
- August Bournonville’s La Sylphide
- Gary Lang's Milky Way, Ballet at the Quarry, West Australian Ballet's contemporary season
- Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
- Ben Stevenson's Swan Lake
- Derek Dean's Strictly Gershwin
- Paul Boyd's Tangled
- Gareth Bellings Muscle Memory
Winner of the Australian Cecchetti Bursary award
Did you know...
Aside from ballet, Edward has a passion for photography and the creative arts. He has his own Instagram account, Edward Pope Designs, where he shares his photography and artwork.
“A little bit of creativity, hard work and perseverance will take you where you desire”