Alyssa was born in Newcastle and started dancing at 5 years old with the Marie Walton-mahon Dance Academy. At 16 she began full time training at the National Collage of Dance and completed her Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance). She moved to Brisbane in 2016 and joined Queensland Ballet’s Pre-Professional Program. After two years, she danced with the Royal New Zealand Ballet, before returning to Queensland in 2019 and joining QB as a Company Artist.
- The 4th duet, Jiri Kylian’s Petite Mort.
- Divertimento No.15, George Balanchine
- Marzipan, Val Caniparoli’s The Nutcracker
- Ben Stevenson’s Swan Lake
- Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
- Derek Deane’s Strictly Gershwin
Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
Did you know…
When Alyssa isn’t dancing, she is either relaxing at the beach, playing with her dog or cooking with friends.
“Never stop working on your technique. There is always something you could do better and improve on, but be confident in yourself! Enjoy the feeling of being able to dance because it is so magical!”