#Online ballet classes
For ages 8 - 17
Members: $5 (3 classes included in membership)
Register below for your FREE online ballet class with a QB Junior Ambassador and QB Company Artist.
2022 Online Class Dates
Sunday 29 May 2022
Sunday 26 June 2022 - Included In Membership
Sunday 31 July 2022
Sunday 28 August 2022
Sunday 25 September 2022
Sunday 30 October 2022
Sunday 27 November 2022 - Included In Membership
#What do I need to prepare for class?
1. A clear safe space
It's important to have a place to dance (ideally 4-6 square metres) that is free from slip or trip hazards. We recommend removing any rugs, small pets or toys from the area so you have enough space to dance 'til your heart's content.
2. A safe floor
It's important to consider the floor you will be dancing on. Ensure to remove any slip hazards (particularly socks on wooden flooring) or potential surfaces that could cause injury. Ballet classes will be modified to ensure your safety but we do not recommend jumping on tiles, concrete or carpet laid over concrete.
3. A ballet barre
Dancing at home might mean you may not have access to a ballet barre. We recommend using the back of a sturdy chair weighted with some heavy books or a strong railing or bench top.
4. Comfortable Dance Wear
We recommend to wear a leotard and tights with ballet skirt (optional) or fitted tracksuit pants or tights with a fitted t-shirt. Please wear ballet flats. No pointe shoes will be required. You can also wear your QB Junior Friends T-Shirt!
5. An electronic device
You can access ZOOM on your smart phone, laptop, tablet or desktop computer device. QB respects each individual’s decision whether they would like the personal device camera on or off during class. At the commencement of the online class, the QB Junior Friends Ambassador will chat through the process for the class. All participant microphones will be muted during the class.
#How does it work?
1. Click above to register via the QB Youth Member online zone. After registering, you will receive an email confirming your class time and further details on how to participate online.
2. 1 hour prior to the class you will be emailed a zoom link to access the online dance class (please ensure you check your junk/spam inbox if you don't receive it.).
4. Click the link in the email to access the online dance class and get ready to dance at home.
#Important Information for Parents/Carers
Parents / Carer Responsibilities
Parent/carer responsibilities for their children to participate in QB online dance classes:
1. The Zoom account is to be set up by the parent/carer.
2. The parent/carer must be responsible for signing in and initiating the online dance class for the participant.