Terms and Conditions of the Foundation Program Selection Experience
Applicant and Parent/Carer Acknowledgement In submitting your/your child’s registration for this event, you agree to and accept the following terms and conditions.
The Event Queensland Ballet Academy Foundation Program Selection Experience
Queensland Ballet includes Queensland Ballet Academy
1. I declare that I/my child’s (the applicant) details, as stated in the registration form, are true and correct and my/their age on the date of the audition, falls within the stipulated age range for the Program applied for. Queensland Ballet reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of an applicant’s registration and to reject or disqualify an applicant from participating in any class or activity.
2. I acknowledge that the selection process my child (the applicant) will participate in involves physical activity and may involve risk of injury or accident. I understand that Queensland Ballet will not be held responsible should any injury or accident occur.
3. I declare that my child (the applicant) does not have any pre-existing health or physical conditions which could impede their full participation in the experience day. If this is not the case, I will advise QB Academy prior to the day, the extent to which my child is able to participate.
4. I understand that this event may be physically strenuous and participation is voluntary, based on an applicant’s/parent/carer’s assessment of their fitness, health, cognitive ability to participate and understanding of the material requirements, activities and expected outcomes. Participation is based on an understanding and knowledge that there is a risk of personal injury.
5. By undertaking the selection experience, parent/carers and participants agree that Queensland Ballet is in no way responsible for personal injury or death. Participants and their parents/carers are responsible for ensuring their own physical and mental health during and after the event including injury rehabilitation and general post-class care.
6. The applicant and or their parent/carer agrees to indemnify Queensland Ballet against any injuries or damage to persons or loss or wrongful death or loss or theft of property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise while participating in the selection experience or associated activities.
7. I understand that it is preferred that applicants seek approval from their dance teacher/s before registering for this event.
8. I declare that if my/my child’s application is successful, they do not have any pre-existing health or physical conditions which could impede their full participation and completion of the dance program.
9. I have completed the full registration form including the requested headshot of the applicant.
10. I understand that Queensland Ballet Academy’s decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into regarding audition results.
11. I understand that the information, images, video and documents that I provide as requested within the Queensland Ballet Academy Registration, will be used by Queensland Ballet for program audition application and selection purposes only. Students applying for the Academy Program, please note that QBA may share elements of the information you provide with Kelvin Grove State College where required, to complete the program selection process.
Terms and Conditions of Registration | COVID SAFE
Please note: Due to COVID-19, additional Terms and Conditions of Sale now apply to all bookings and registrations.
1. Queensland Government Emergency Directions require us to keep contact information about all patrons, participants and staff including your name, email or residential address and mobile phone number. This is to protect your health and safety, and others in our community.
2. Please be aware that this personal information you provide to us for booking or other purposes may be used for contact tracing if required by health authorities.
3. We will not disclose this information to anyone other than health authorities if they request this information, or unless you have otherwise ticked yes to receiving information about other Academy events. The information will be stored securely and disposed of securely when no longer required.
Conditions of participation
1. Participants must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days or are COVID-19 positive.
2. Participants must not attend if they are required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period.
3. Participants agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
4. Participants agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times.
5. If participants do not comply with protocols or authorised requests when on the venue premises they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse, and their listed parent/carer will be contacted.
6. Participants and/or parents/carers may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the Venue.
7. If participants are unwell, or have a high temperature (we have devices that can check this), they will not be able to attend the event.
8. If participants become unwell at the venue, please immediately seek assistance from one of the Queensland Ballet Staff located throughout the venue.
9. We encourage everyone to download the COVID Safe App.
10. Call Queensland Health on 134 COVID (13 42 68) if you suspect an infection. We acknowledge these are challenging and uncertain times, and some of these conditions might be a bit confronting. Please remember our aim is to keep you safe and to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
Disclaimer: Participants and/or parents/carers acknowledge that while the Venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the participants and staff safe. Participants enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.