Summer School 2020/2021 Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Summer School 2020/2021
Applications, Enrolments, Participation and General Information —
In applying for Summer School 2020/2021, applicants (and their parents/carers) accept and agree to the terms and conditions of the Application, and should their application be successful, accept and agree to the Enrolment and Participation terms and conditions below.
The Program Summer School 2020/2021
Queensland Ballet includes Queensland Ballet Academy
1. Applications for Summer School Session 2 2020 will close by Monday 7th of December 2020. Applications for Summer School Session 1 & 2 2021 will close by Monday 4th of January 2021.
2. Applicants must be aged between 10 and 18 years as at the commencement date of the program.
3. Consideration of applicants outside this age group will only be made once all other applicants have been considered and if places are available.
4. Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in the Program.
5. It is preferred that applicants seek approval from their main dance teacher/s before applying for the Program. We do not intend to speak with participants about future training opportunities within QBA’s Programs or supplementary events, unless they/their parents/carers approach us or indicate that they are happy to be approached within the event’s application form.
6. Successful applicants will receive a letter of acceptance via email by no later than 2nd December (Summer School 2020) or 10 December 2020 (Summer School 2021).
7. Shortlisted applicants will receive notification via email by no later than 2 December 2020. Should a position become available after this date, notification will be sent via email as early as possible.
8. Unsuccessful applicants will receive notification of such via email by no later than 2 December (Summer School 2020) or 10 December 2020 (Summer School 2021) and no further correspondence will be entered into regarding this decision.
9. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Queensland Ballet after this date, if they have not received communication to confirm the result of their application.
10. Queensland Ballet collects and uses your information for Queensland Ballet records as reference as Queensland Government Emergency Directions.
11. Queensland Ballet will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc. including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from registering for, participating in or downloading any materials to enable registration.
ENROLMENT AND PARTICIPATION
1. Summer School 2020 session 2 runs from Monday 14 to Saturday 19 December 2020. Summer School 2021 session 1 runs from Monday 11 to Saturday 16 January and session 2 from Monday 18 to Saturday 23 January.
2. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to refuse enrolment or to request a participant leave the Program if he or she is disruptive, late, has not paid fees, has not been truthful on their application.
3. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to make amendments or cancellations to the Program without prior notice, either before or during the program.
4. Applicants will be placed into levels/groups at the discretion of Queensland Ballet’s Academy Director, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
5. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to merge and re-schedule classes as required, as well as move students from one level/age group to another, should teaching staff feel the adjustment will be beneficial for the student.
6. An information pack, including details of the schedule will be provided before the end of 2020 via email.
7. Daily registration will occur half an hour before the first class commences.
8. Classes and activities will be conducted between 8.00am and 4.30pm (Monday-Saturday) (Subject to change).
9. Waiting room facilities and studio seating are not available for parents/carers throughout the event.
10. Queensland Ballet provides supervision of participants during the Program hours only.
11. Participants will not be offered access to the venue prior to the published registration time each morning.
12. Participants must be collected by a parent/carer immediately after the finishing time each afternoon. If older students are using public transport, please notify staff at registration.
13. All Program and Queensland Ballet staff are committed to the highest ethical standards, including but not limited to those articulated through legislation in relation to discrimination, harassment and child safety and are governed by Queensland Ballet’s Code of Conduct.
14. Physical manipulation is used as a normal teaching tool during dance classes. Please advise us via email, if the participant does not wish to be physically manipulated during classes so this can be communicated to the teachers.
15. The Program teachers are highly skilled industry professionals and all staff involved with the Program hold a current Working with Children (Blue) Card.
16. By accepting the conditions of enrolment and participation of the Program, participants and/or their parents/guardians, acknowledge that activities are physical, may be strenuous and may involve the risk of personal injury or accident. Participation is voluntary, based on the participant/parent’s assessment of their fitness, health, cognitive ability to participate and understanding of the class requirements, activities and expected outcomes.
17. Although every care will be taken to ensure the use of safe dance practices in a safe environment, Queensland Ballet will not be held responsible for injuries or accidents should they occur.
18. By accepting the conditions of enrolment and participation of the Program, participants and/or their parents/guardians, declare that they do not have any pre-existing health or physical conditions which could impede their full participation in the Summer School. If this is not the case, advice must be received by Queensland Ballet prior to the event, to notify to what extent the participant is able participate, as advised by their medical practitioner.
19. The Program staff cannot be responsible for the administration of medication to participants or ensuring suitable health precautions are in place.
20. By entering the premises participants agree that Queensland Ballet is in no way responsible for personal injury or death. Although, every care will be taken by Queensland Ballet and its staff to ensure a safe environment, participants are responsible for ensuring one’s own physical and mental health for, during and after classes including injury rehabilitation and general post-event care.
21. The participant agrees to indemnify Queensland Ballet against any injuries or damage to persons or loss or wrongful death or loss or theft of property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise while participating the activities provided throughout the program and associated activities from registration.
22. Participants are expected to adhere to the following dress guidelines:
GIRLS: Leotard of own choice, pink ballet tights and ballet flats or demi-pointe shoes. (Pointe shoes may be required for older students and this will be advised prior to Summer School). Participants may also wear black footless tights or shorts for contemporary classes, character shoes and for girls, a character/chiffon skirt for character classes. Participants are not expected to purchase new items specifically for Summer School.
BOYS: Fitted T-shirt and tights, or unitard, with socks and ballet flats. Participants may also wear footless tights or shorts for contemporary classes and if they already own them, character shoes for character classes. Participants are not expected to purchase new items specifically for Summer School.
FEES, PAYMENT and REFUND POLICY
1. Full Rate: AU$750.00 (Inc. GST) per student.
2. Discounted Rate: AU$700.00 (Inc. GST). Students enrolled in a Queensland Ballet Academy Program (i.e. Associate Program, Academy Program Senior Program or Pre-Professional Program), in 2020 or 2021, are eligible for the discounted rate. If a student is offered a position in a Queensland Ballet Academy program for 2021 (PPP, SP, AP), after processing of Summer School 2020 fees has occurred, a $50.00 credit will be applied to their tuition fees in 2021.
3. Successful applicants will receive a payment request with their acceptance notification and full payment of the Program fees must be made on or before Sunday 29 November 2020.
4. Failure to pay by the due date may result in the applicant’s place being forfeited and offered to another applicant.
5. Queensland Ballet is unable to offer a refund of the Program fees unless the Program is cancelled by Queensland Ballet or in exceptional circumstances, and subject to a written request and medical certificate being received by Queensland Ballet, a partial refund, less a AU$150.00 cancellation fee, may be considered when received with 7 days or more notice prior to the Program.
6. Refunds are not available within 7 days or less, or once the Program has commenced, unless exceptional circumstances arise, as noted above, wherein a reduced pro-rata refund may be considered.
COVID SAFE Refund Conditions
1. Refunds are available for anyone who is required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
· Being a confirmed case of COVID-19; or Having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
· Living in or having been in a high-risk area within Australia; or
· Unable to travel to the event due to the current border restrictions in place.
· Having returned from overseas.
· Has COVID-19 symptoms.
· Has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
2. We will consider discretionary refunds for participants that are:
· Unwell and does not attend an event (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms); or
· Attends the first day of the event and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
· Has registered and is healthy, but someone else from their party meets the self-isolation or quarantine criteria
3. Refunds will not be available if:
· The participant is well and does not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to COVID-19; or
· The participant is from a group at a higher risk of COVID-19; or
· The participant is denied entry into the event for reasons which were disclosed to the ticket holder in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. For example, these reasons may include (but not be limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested.
Terms and Conditions of Sale | COVID SAFE
Please note: Due to COVID-19, additional Terms and Conditions of Sale now apply to all bookings and registrations.
1. Queensland Government Emergency Directions require us to keep contact information about all patrons, participants and
staff including your name, email or residential address and mobile phone number. This is to protect your health and safety, and others in our community.
2. Please be aware that this personal information you provide to us for booking or other purposes may be used for contact tracing if required by health authorities.
3. We will not disclose this information to anyone other than health authorities if they request this information, or unless you have otherwise ticked yes to receiving information about other Academy events. The information will be stored securely and disposed of securely when no longer required.
Conditions of participation
1. Participants must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days or are COVID-19 positive.
2. Participants must not attend if they are required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period.
3. Participants agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
4. Participants agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times.
5. If participants do not comply with protocols or authorised requests when on the venue premises they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse, and their listed parent/carer will be contacted.
6. Participants and/or parents/carers may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the Venue.
7. If participants are unwell, or have a high temperature (we have devices that can check this), they will not be able to attend the event but don’t worry, a full refund will be provided.
8. If participants become unwell at the venue, please immediately seek assistance from one of the Queensland Ballet Staff located throughout the venue.
9. We encourage everyone to download the COVID Safe App.
10. Call Queensland Health on 134 COVID (13 42 68) if you suspect an infection. We acknowledge these are challenging and uncertain times, and some of these conditions might be a bit confronting. Please remember our aim is to keep you safe and to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
Disclaimer: Participants and/or parents/carers acknowledge that while the Venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to
keep the participants and staff safe. Participants enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION, MEDIA & PROMOTIONS
1. Queensland Ballet may take and use photographs and videos of participants for promotional and archival purposes. If you do not wish to have your/your child’s image used by Queensland Ballet, please advise us prior to the commencement of the Program (via email), or it will be presumed that you give your consent.
2. Participants grant Queensland Ballet the right to use personal information and artistic material including still and video footage for promotion, education, research and other Company business operations deemed reasonable by Queensland Ballet for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
3. All material recorded during the Program will remain the property of Queensland Ballet and will not be provided to participants.
4. Participants, parents and carers may not make recordings (audio, video or photographic) of any activities of the Program, including the presentation.
1. Summer School 2020/2021 will be held at Queensland Ballet Academy, 101 L’Estrange Terrace, Kelvin Grove, 4059, QLD.
2. A Summer School 2020 or 2021 T-Shirt will be provided to each participant upon commencement and may be worn during the Program.
3. Program staff are not obliged to provide any participant with individual feedback outside of the Program classes/sessions.
The main point of contact for Summer School is Academy receptionist, Frances Lowrie or Academy Specialist, Kali Harris, who can be contacted via email – firstname.lastname@example.org