In registering for the QB Academy’s Boys Only Workshop, participants (and their parents/carers) accept and agree to the terms and conditions below. Program Invitees (pre-selected students), must also accept and agree to the terms and conditions below.
The Program Queensland Ballet Academy’s Boys Only Workshop
Queensland Ballet includes Queensland Ballet Academy
Premises Queensland Ballet Academy 101 L’estrange Terrace Kelvin Grove, 4059
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
1. Information on how to register and participate in any of Queensland Ballet Academy’s Boys Only Workshop event including all relevant program guidelines, information books, pre-registration packs, forms and/or fact sheets distributed throughout the program form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Participation in the program will be considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and any ongoing updates to these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Queensland Ballet (ABN 26009717079) is the owner of the Queensland Ballet Academy Boys Only Workshop program.
3. Where a participant is a minor / dependent / child (as defined by Australian Law), a parent / guardian / caregiver is accepting these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
4. It is preferred that all participants seek approval from their main dance teacher/s before registering for the Program. We will not approach participants about future training opportunities within QB Academy’s Programs or supplementary events, unless they/their parents/carers approach us or indicate that they are happy to be approached within the event’s registration form.
5. Participants must be registered into their age-aligned group for this Program, parents/carers agree to provide the participant’s true date of birth and correct age at commencement of the Program.
6. Applicants will be placed into levels/groups at the discretion of Queensland Ballet’s Academy Director, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
7. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to merge and re-schedule classes as required, as well as move students from one level/age group to another, should teaching staff feel the adjustment will be beneficial for the student. Notification of any level changes will be communicated to the parent/carer and no further correspondence will be entered into.
8. Details of the Program schedule will be provided in the week prior to the commencement date via email.
9. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to refuse registration or to request a participant leave the Program if he or she is disruptive, late, has not paid fees, has not been truthful on their application.
10. Queensland Ballet reserves the right to make amendments or cancellations to the Program without prior notice, either before or during the Program.
11. Program staff are not obliged to provide any participant with individual feedback outside of the Program classes/sessions.
12. Waiting room facilities and studio seating are not available for parents/carers throughout the event.
13. Queensland Ballet provides supervision of participants during the Program hours only.
14. Participants will not be offered access to the event premises prior to the published registration time each morning.
15. Participants must be collected by a parent/carer immediately after the finishing time each afternoon. If older students are using public transport, please notify staff at registration.
16. All Program and Queensland Ballet staff are committed to the highest ethical standards, including but not limited to those articulated through legislation in relation to discrimination, harassment and child safety and are governed by Queensland Ballet’s Code of Conduct.
17. Physical manipulation is used as a normal teaching tool during dance classes. Please advise us via email, if the participant does not wish to be physically manipulated during classes so this can be communicated to the teachers.
18. Our teachers are highly skilled industry professionals and all staff involved with the Program hold a current Working with Children (Blue) Card and have passed a Queensland Police check.
19. By accepting the conditions of enrolment and participation of the Program, participants and/or their parents/guardians, acknowledge that activities are physical, may be strenuous and may involve the risk of personal injury or accident. Participation is voluntary, based on the participant/parent’s assessment of their fitness, health, cognitive ability to participate and understanding of the class requirements, activities and expected outcomes.
20. Although every care will be taken to ensure the use of safe dance practices in a safe environment, Queensland Ballet will not be held responsible for injuries or accidents should they occur.
21. By accepting these terms and conditions, participants and their parents/guardians, declare that they do not have any pre-existing health or physical conditions which could impede their full participation in the program. If this is not the case, advice must be received by Queensland Ballet Academy prior to the event, to notify to what extent the participant is able participate, as advised by their medical practitioner.
22. The Program staff cannot be responsible for the administration of medication to participants or ensuring suitable health precautions are in place.
23. By entering the premises participants agree that Queensland Ballet is in no way responsible for personal injury or death. Although, every care will be taken by Queensland Ballet and its staff to ensure a safe environment, participants are responsible for ensuring one’s own physical and mental health for, during and after classes including injury rehabilitation and general post-event care.
24. The participant agrees to indemnify Queensland Ballet against any injuries or damage to persons or loss or wrongful death or loss or theft of property, whether caused by negligence or otherwise while participating the activities provided throughout the program and associated activities from registration.
25. Participants are expected to adhere to the following dress guidelines:
Fitted white t-shirt/top and black tights. Black or white socks and ballet flats.
Participants may also wear black footless tights or shorts for contemporary classes.
Participants are not expected to purchase new items specifically for the Program.
1. Queensland Ballet is unable to offer a refund of fees unless the Program is cancelled by the Company or in exceptional circumstances, and subject to a written request and medical certificate being received by Queensland Ballet, a partial refund, less a AU$50.00 cancellation fee, may be considered when received with 7 days or more notice prior to the Program.
2. Refunds are not available when withdrawal is requested within 7 days of the Program or once the Program has commenced unless exceptional circumstances arise, as noted above, wherein a reduced pro-rata refund may be considered.
PERSONAL INFORMATION, MEDIA & PROMOTIONS
1. Queensland Ballet may take and use photographs and videos of participants for promotional and archival purposes. If you do not wish to have your/your child’s image used by Queensland Ballet, please advise us prior to the commencement of the Program (via email), or it will be presumed that you give your consent.
2. Participants grant Queensland Ballet the right to use personal information and artistic material including still and video footage for promotion, education, research and other Company business operations deemed reasonable by Queensland Ballet for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
3. All material recorded during the Program will remain the property of Queensland Ballet and will not be provided to participants.
4. Participants, parents/carers and observers may not make recordings (audio, video or photographic) of any activities during the Program.