The primary focus of the Foundation Program is to provide boys and girls with formative ballet tuition and to develop a love for the artform. This brand new program is designed for children in the Brisbane metropolitan area and is delivered after school hours, on weekday afternoons.
Following a Foundation Program Pre-selection Experience, students will be placed into one of three levels from Levels 9 - 7. Age is only used as a guide when placing students into these levels, and ongoing coaching and feedback monitor appropriate student placement and progression.
While Queensland Ballet Academy's world-class facilities are based at Kelvin Grove State College, the Foundation Program is open to students from across the Brisbane metropolitan area. Acceptance into the program is through a Foundation Program Pre-selection Experience event, or by invitation.
- Prior dance or ballet experience is beneficial however not essential
- Children must be no younger than 8 and no older than 11 years and 9 months of age at the first day of the program
- Children may be enrolled at any school within the Brisbane metropolitan area in a minimum academic level of Year 3 and maximum Year 6
- We welcome boys and girls who may have anywhere from a fledgling curiosity to an avid interest in dance
- Children already enjoying dance classes elsewhere may continue those activities alongside the Foundation Program
More information about the delivery of the Foundation Program can be found using the links below.