Yanela Piñera —
Age started dancing
Center Pro-Danza and Cuban National Ballet School
Joined in 2015 as a Principal Artist
Giselle, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, Kitri in Don Quixote,
- Nikiya in Greg Horsman's La Bayadere
- Cinderella in Ben Stevenson’s Cinderella
- Carmen in Carlos Acosta's Carmen
- Lisette in Marc Ribaud's La Fille Mal Gardee
- Odette/Odile in Alicia Alonso’s (after Petipa) Swan Lake
- Giselle in Alicia Alonso’s (after Petipa) Giselle
- Aurora in Greg Horsman’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Kitri in Alicia Alonso’s Don Quixote
- Sylph in Peter Schaufuss' La Sylphide
- Juliet in Alicia Alonso’s Romeo & Juliet
- Bourneville’s Napoli and The Flower Festival in Genzano
- Annabelle Lopez Ochoa’s Celeste
- Titania in Liam Scarlett’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Swanilda in Greg Horsman’s Coppelia
- Snow Queen and Sugar Plum Fairy in Ben Stevenson’s The Nutcracker
- Cinderella in Alicia Alonso’s Cinderella
- George Balanchine's Theme and Variations
Roles would love to dance
Manon in Manon, Tatiana in Onegin and choreography by Jiří Kylián, choreographer by John Neumeier
- Silver Medal in the International Competition of Ballet in Varna, Bulgaria.
- Gold Medal in 2000, Bronze Medal in 2002, the Gold Medal in 2004 and the prize for Best Individual Performance in the International Encounter of Academies for the Teaching of Ballet in Havana.
- In 2004, she participated in the Dance Festival of Córdoba, in Mexico and performed in Galas of the Central School of Ballet in London, U.K.
- In 2005, she joined Ballet Nacional de Cuba under Alicia Alonso and was promoted to Premier Dancer in 2011. During this time she toured the world with the company including to Africa, America, Europe and Australia.
- In 2011 Yanela performed at the gala Viva Alicia at the Bolshoi in Moscow.
- In 2014 Yanela performed the Le Corsaire pas de deux at the International Ballet Gala in Dortmund, Germany.