Talia Fidra —
Age started dancing
Queensland Ballet Academy
Jette Parker Young Artist 2018
Paquita, pas de deux
- Queensland Ballet’s Swan Lake
- Queensland Ballet’s La Bayadère
- Queensland Pops Orchestra, 2017 NYE Gala, Le Corsaire, Pas de deux
- Queensland Ballet Academy ‘Prelude 17’ Paquita
Favourite role to perform
Dancing the Paquita pas de deux and solo was a challenging but rewarding repertoire as it has a stylish and elegant character that felt amazing to perform.
Roles would love to dance
- Alice, from Alice in Wonderland - My dream role as I love the mystery and adventure of Alice's personality.
- Kitri, Don Quixote, is an iconic role and hopefully one day I will be able to perform and master this amazing vivacious character.
Music is a passion I’ve always had and whenever I listen to it, I am inspired to move and create energy. I love expressing the highs and lows of the beats together with playing different characters to express a story to the audience.
Awards and achievements
- 2017 Queensland Ballet Academy Paulette Carson Scholarship
- 2016 R.A.D. Adeline Genee International Ballet Competition - Silver Medal
- 2015 Y.A.G.P. Top Twelve Finalist, New York, U.S.A.
- Alana Haines Awards, Senior A, Finalist, Wellington N.Z.
- Royal Academy of Dance Australia, Advanced 1 National Bursary Winner
I love trying new foods when out and about. I have a passion for fashion and makeup. My dream is to one day choreograph a full length classical ballet.