Lisa Edwards —
Lisa grew up in Dubbo, New South Wales. Lisa started dancing at the Thompson Dance Academy at the age of 5.
She graduated from The Australian Ballet School in 1999 and moved to Switzerland where she danced with the Stadttheater St. Gallen before joining the Anhaltisches Theater Dessau in Germany in 2001.
She joined the Stadttheater Koblenz, Germany, in 2003 as a guest artist in The Sleeping Beauty, Giselle and a tour of Croatia.
In 2004, after auditioning in Hamburg, Lisa joined Queensland Ballet. Lisa was promoted to Soloist in 2013.
- Cinderella in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella
- Sugar Plum Fairy, Snow Queen and Arabian pas de deux in Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
- Dark Angel in Balanchine's Serenade
- Giselle and Myrtha in Ai-Gul Gaisina’s (after Marius Petipa) Giselle
- Fairy Godmother and Summer Fairy in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella
- Lucas Jervies’ The Firebird Suite
- Lilac Fairy in Francois Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Hermia in Francois Klaus’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Leading swan in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
- Nils Christe's SYNC
- Kim McCarthy's Nineteen
- Mario Schroeder's Erdbeermund
- Micaela in Francois Klaus's Carmen
- Gareth Belling's Run
- Lead couple in Nicolo Fonte's Bolero
- The cover of Tourism Queensland's "It's Live!" 2014/15 campaign
Did you know?
The Company loves Lisa’s gingerbread; she has been making it since 2004.
Lisa loves makeup, she has worked with our partner M.A.C Cosmetics on makeup kits for the Company.
What is your ballet dream?
"I've been dancing professionally for 14 years now. 3 in Europe and 11 years with QB. There are many great roles I have danced and many I still hope to tackle in my career. I feel as you grow and mature as a dancer you bring a different approach to your work. You know yourself better and can push artistically, emotionally and technically. To experience those magical shows where all those qualities line up, you are so in the moment, consumed by what you are doing, but are completely free. It's priceless. And of course, to reach Principal rank before I retire would be the cherry on top of my dancing sundae!"