Hayley Thompson —
Age started dancing
2011 Robyn Kirkland School of Ballet, 2015 - 2018 at the Australian Ballet School
Jette Parker Young Artist 2019
- The Australian Ballet School's La Sylphide in 2018
- Simon Dow's danza de la Vida in 2018
- George Balanchine's Serenade in 2018
- Margaret Wilson's Vitae in 2018
- Stephen Baynes' Singular Sequence in 2017
- Lucas Jervies' Gorilla in 2017
Favourite roles to perform
- Performing as The Sylph in La Sylphide. Grasping the romantic style and exploring the theme of unattainable love was sheer joy.
- Simon Dow gave me a duet in his work danza de la Vida. It was a tender, sensual and devestating struggle between my partner and I.
- Russian Girl in Balachine's Serenade, I will always be mesmerised by the way the exquisite score is woven with movement.
Roles I would love to dance
Manon, Hanna in The Merry Widow, the works of Jiří Kylián, George Balachine and Kennth MacMillan.
I'm captivated by dancers, music and ballets that leave me feeling vehement in emotion.
Did you know?
I love to read!