Being a member of Queensland Ballet allows you to get closer to your State ballet company, while at the same time supporting the Company to grow and develop. Queensland Ballet has two membership groups: Queensland Ballet Members and Queensland Ballet Friends. Many people show their support by joining both membership groups.
Queensland Ballet Members
Queensland Ballet Members play a part in the future of the Company and enjoy a range of exclusive programs and benefits.
- Financial membership to Queensland Ballet Company with full voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Acknowledgment of your support in the Annual report
- Invitations to exclusive Queensland Ballet events at the discounted membership price
- Preview, Queensland Ballet’s newsletter, mailed to your home.
Please note: Membership to Queensland Ballet is current until 31 December each year. Applications received after 31 October will be applied to the following year. Under the Constitution of Queensland Ballet Company, all new Members must be formally admitted by the Board. Admission takes place at a Board Meeting which ensues more than ten clear days after submission of membership application.
Queensland Ballet Friends
Queensland Ballet Friends is an auxiliary group that raises money to support Queensland Ballet’s activities. The Friends fundraising efforts enable the Company to undertake projects and acquire assets which would not otherwise be possible. Members of the Friends are invited to special events throughout the year, which are often attended by the Artistic Director and dancers. The individual talents of members of the Friends are also called upon to assist the Company in the wardrobe department, as hosts or ushers at Company events and with administration. QB Friends receive a regular newsletter.
- Financial membership to Queensland Ballet Friends with full voting rights at the Annual General meeting
- Friends newsletter via email or mailed to your home
- Invitations to Friends events at the discounted membership price such as the Annual Afternoon Tea.
Please note: Membership to Queensland Ballet/Queensland Ballet Friends is current until 31 December each year. Applications received after 31 October will be applied to the following year.
If you’d like to know more about membership of either Queensland Ballet or Queensland Ballet Friends, please contact us on (07) 3013 6666.