Piran studied dance under Lynette Denny at Theatre Arts Mackay. He also trained in music and speech and drama, and developed strong interests in debating, public speaking, and several sports. In 2008 Piran successfully auditioned for Queensland Ballet’s Professional Year program and in 2010 he was offered a Trainee position with the Company. Piran became a full Company member in 2011.
Piran was selected to perform in Bolero in the Paris Opera Ballet’s gala performance in Brisbane in 2009, as well as the Company’s third European tour and 2011 tour to China with The Little Mermaid. His more recent roles have included the Snow Prince/Lieutenant in the 2010 season of Francois Klaus’s The Nutcracker and Albrecht in the 2010 season of Klaus's new ballet Fonteyn Remembered.
- Bolero in Paris Opera Ballet’s gala performance
- Snow Prince/Lieutenant in Francois Klaus’s The Nutcracker
- Albrecht in Francois Klaus’s Fonteyn Remembered
- Othello in Francois Klaus’s Moving Stories
- Nils Christe’s Fearful Symmetries
- Tsar Nicholas II in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
- Siegfried in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
Did you know?
Piran has an interest in dramatic arts including stage and film acting and direction.