Keian began his early dance training in Taree, and went on to the McDonald College of Performing Arts in Sydney, where he was trained by Allan Cross and Josephine Jason. He was accepted into Queensland Ballet’s Professional Year program in 2005, and became a trainee dancer with the Company in 2006. He became a full Company member in 2007.
In 2009, Keian partnered Principal Dancer Rachael Walsh in the Cloudland pas de deux at the RAD Regional Advisory Panel for South Australia's Helpmann Centenary Scholarship Performance.
Keian has toured internationally with the Company to Germany and Switzerland in 2006 and 2007, to Singapore in 2007, to Japan in April 2008, to Denmark, Switzerland and Germany in 2009 and to China in 2011. Keian was promoted to Soloist in April 2010 following his performance as Stanley Kowalski in Klaus's A Streetcar Named Desire. Keian was promoted to Principal in November 2011.
- King Arthur in Francois Klaus’s King Arthur & the Tales of Camelot
- Stanley Kowalski in Francois Klaus’s A Streetcar Named Desire
- Nils Christe’s Short Dialogues
- Don José in Francois Klaus’s Carmen
- Tybalt in Francois Klaus’s Romeo & Juliet
- Rasputin/Rothbart in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
- Gareth Belling’s Equilibrium Level