Clare was accepted into the Royal Ballet School in London in 2001 after attending the Victorian College of the Arts. While a student, Clare performed with the Royal Ballet Company in several productions, including seasons of The Sleeping Beauty and Manon.
In 2004 Clare accepted a contract with Birmingham Royal Ballet for the company’s tour of North England, and later that year returned to Australia to join Queensland Ballet.
Clare participated in the Company’s 2006 and 2007 tours to Germany and Switzerland, and to Singapore. She was promoted to Soloist in October 2007. In 2008, Clare toured with the Company to Japan with The Little Mermaid, in October 2009 to Europe with Timeless Dances and to China in 2011 with The Little Mermaid.
Clare was promoted to Soloist in October 2007, and then to Principal Dancer in July 2009 after performing the role of Blanche in François Klaus's A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Bluebird, Lilac Fairy and Aurora in François Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Juliet in François Klaus’s Romeo & Juliet
- Catherine in Natalie Weir’s Wuthering Heights
- Micaela in François Klaus’s Carmen
- Arabian pas de deux in François Klaus’ The Nutcracker
- Hippolyta/Titania in Francois Klaus’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Mathilde Kschessinska and Odette in François Klaus’s Swan Lake
- Blanche in François Klaus's A Streetcar Named Desire
- Gareth Belling’s Equilibrium Level
- Nils Christe’s Short Dialogues
- Morgane in Francois Klaus’s King Arthur & the Tales of Camelot
Did you know?
Clare enjoys painting to relax. She loves all types of music and uses different genres to warm-up, relax after work and entertain over Sunday dinners.