Senior Program Auditions 2017 —
Auditions for Queensland Ballet’s Senior Program will be held at the following locations.
Start times will be emailed to applicants closer to audition dates.
BRISBANE – YEAR 10, 11 & 12
Sunday 4 September, 2016
Cnr Drake & Montague Rd, West End QLD 4101
Sydney – Year 10, 11 & 12
Saturday 17 September, 2016
17 George Street, Strathfield NSW 2137
MELBOURNE – YEAR 10, 11 & 12
Sunday 18 September, 2016
VCASS, Studio Theatre
57 Miles Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Queensland Ballet has a limited number of scholarships available for students. Further information will be made available to successful audition applicants.
2017 AUDITION INFORMATION & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Applicants for Queensland Ballet’s Senior Program are required to complete and submit the Audition Registration form prior to the audition. Registrations must be received by COB August 26, 2016.
Late registrations will not be accepted.
$50 (price includes GST)
- To complete this registration, applicants will be required to upload -
a. Most recent Academic Report (Semester 1, 2016). We can only accept PDF files.
b. Recent Headshot. We can only accept JPG files.
c. Full length photograph* We can only accept JPG files.
*Classical ballet position e.g.; arabesque, a la seconde, écarté etc. (en pointe for the ladies) and in simple ballet class attire.
- Applicants will be auditioned in an open ballet class. Pointe work may be part of the audition.
- Applicants will not be required to prepare any set work or choreography.
- Depending on the number of applicants, there may be more than one audition class.
- A call back class may follow the initial audition class, and some candidates may be called for a brief interview to clarify aspects of their applications.
- Applicants should wear: Girls – leotard, pink tights, ballet flats, pointe shoes. Boys – fitted top & tights or unitard, socks and ballet flats.
Acknowledgement of your completed audition registration and required fee will be sent via email. Further details about the audition day will be emailed closer to the audition date.
For further information, phone (61 7) 3013 6666 or email email@example.com