Junior Program Auditions 2015 —
Registrations is now closed.
For Frequently Asked Questions and video audtion requirements for the Junior Program click here.
Queensland Ballet’s Junior Program is designed to supplement the training that talented young ballet students receive from their dance studios and teachers. Three levels are offered within the Program:
Junior Program 1 (JP1) students aged 11 - 12 years
Junior Program 2 (JP2) students aged 13 - 14 years
Junior Program 3 (JP3) students aged 15 – 16 years
Note: the entry age is used as a guide when students successfully audition to enter the Program. Each student is then regularly assessed and placed into a class which will suit his or her level of training, so that full benefit may be gained from the Program.
Auditions for Junior Program 2015 will be held ON the following date and time
10am, Sunday 23 November 2014 (sign on from 9am)
Cnr Drake and Montague Road, West End QLD 4101
REGISTRATIONS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED
Registrations were to be received by close of business Friday 7 November 2014, however registrations will be accepted until close of business Wednesday 12 November 2014.
Anyone experiencing technical difficulties, please be aware that you are welcome to personally drop off your child's video or application to the Queensland Ballet office on the corner of Montague Road and Drake Street, West End during business hours.
Acknowledgement of your audition registration and payment will be sent via email.
JUNIOR PROGRAM 2015 AUDITION INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Candidates for the Junior Program are required to complete and submit the Audition Registration Form prior to the audition. Registrations must be received by COB on Friday 7 November 2014. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Students who apply to audition for the Junior Program will be notified by Friday 14 November if they have been accepted into the audition intake (not all students who register will be invited to attend the audition).
- Students currently enrolled in the Junior Program will be advised if they are required to re-audition should they wish to continue in the Program in 2015.
- Audition cost: $25 (including GST), payment required on the day for those students selected to attend the audition.
- Sign on is from 9am on the day of the audition.
- Candidates will be auditioned in a class conducted by a member of Artistic Staff or a teacher appointed by Artistic staff with others in attendance.
- Depending on the number of candidates, there may be more than one class.
- Candidates should wear clothing which is suitable for class.
- Brief interviews may be conducted with some applicants after the class.
Should you require further information about the audition day, phone Queensland Ballet on 07 3013 6666 or email email@example.com.
More information about Queensland Ballet’s Junior Program can be found here.
QUEENSLAND BALLET JUNIOR PROGRAM - AUDITIONS 2015
The following conditions apply to Queensland Ballet’s Junior Program:
- To be eligible for consideration, students must be aged between 11 and 16 on 1 January 2015.
- Up to 60 students may be enrolled in the Junior Program -across all three levels.
- Fees for 2015 must be paid in advance for the whole year and are non-refundable, irrespective of whether the student withdraws or is absent at any time, for whatever reason.
- To participate, students are required to be enrolled with a community dance/Ballet teacher or studio, and to be attending regular Ballet classes with that teacher. If at any stage a student changes teacher, Queensland Ballet must be advised.
- Students or their parents are expected to advise the Company on any occasion when students are unable to attend class by phoning 07 3013 6666.
- Classes are held each week during school terms on Tuesdays (JP1 and JP2) and Wednesdays (JP3) from 5.15pm to 7pm.
- All teachers hold a Queensland Government Blue Card.
- Classes will generally be conducted with live piano accompaniment.
- All classes will be conducted at Queensland Ballet studios, cnr Drake Street and Montague Road, West End.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required at the time of accepting the offer of a place in the Program. Payment can be made by cash, cheque made payable to Queensland Ballet, credit card, or EFT.
- The total fees for 2015 will be $1,200 (inc. GST). The balance of $1,100 must be paid no later than the first Junior Program class of 2015.
- On acceptance of the offer, students are required to provide the Company with personal details and information about any previous injuries and/or serious illnesses, and of any chronic complaints such as asthma, which might become evident during classes. In the case of concern regarding the health of any student, parents will be notified immediately.
- For the last class of each term, dance teachers and parents of enrolled students may be invited to observe the class. No photography is permitted during classes.
- Students will be offered the opportunity, when possible, to observe Company class and/or rehearsal as an adjunct to their Program and will be given first consideration in any instance when the Company requires juvenile performers for a production. However, performance opportunities are not part of the Program.
- Eligible students will be reassessed at the end of each year (i.e. no older than 16 at 1 January 2016) and may be offered a place in the Junior Program for a further year. This will depend on their progress during the year and the assessment of the Director of Training.
- Junior Program students receive a discount for the Queensland Ballet Summer School held in January 2015.