Shane Wuerthner —
American-born Shane Wuerthner trained at San Francisco Ballet School and at Washington, DC’s Kirov Academy. In 2003, he received the Nikolai Morozov Scholarship for Outstanding Artistic Merit.
Shane performed with Vienna State Opera Ballet as a corps de ballet member and demi-Soloist before being promoted to Soloist in January 2012. He joined San Francisco Ballet as a Soloist in 2013.
Shane’s diverse repertory includes principal roles in the major classics and in works by George Balanchine, John Cranko, Jorma Elo, Jiří Kylián, John Neumeier, Twyla Tharp, and Renato Zanella.
As a guest artist, Shane has performed at various events in Vienna, including New Year’s Eve concerts and opera balls.
- Albrecht in Elena Tschernischova’s Giselle
- Prince Siegfried in Rudolf Nureyev’s Swan Lake
- Prince Florimund in Peter Wright’s The Sleeping Beauty
- King of the Snow and Arabian in Helgi Tomasson’s The Nutcracker
- George Balanchine’s Symphony in Three Movements (third pas de deux)
- Possokhov’s The Rite of Spring (principal)
- Christopher Wheeldon’s Cinderella (Fates)
- Serge Lifar’s Suite en Blanc (pas de trois)
- Rudolf Nureyev’s Raymonda (Jean de Brienne)
- Jerome Robbins’ In the Night (second pas de deux)
- Boris Eifman’s Anna Karenina (Vronski)
Did you know?
Shane is also a ballroom dance champion, and in his spare time, he enjoys doing all types of puzzles.