Lisa Edwards —
After graduating from The Australian Ballet School in 1999, Lisa moved to Switzerland where she danced with the Stadttheater St. Gallen in 2000/01 before joining the Anhaltisches Theater Dessau in Germany in 2001. In 2003 she joined the Stadttheater Koblenz, Germany, as a guest for The Sleeping Beauty and Giselle and toured Croatia.
In July 2004, after auditioning in Hamburg, Lisa accepted a contract with Queensland Ballet and has performed in all Company productions since, including the role of the Lilac Fairy in The Sleeping Beauty (2005 and 2009), Lady Capulet in Romeo & Juliet (2006 and 2010) and the Mother in The Nutcracker (2007), as well as in A Midsummer Night’s Dream (2008), dancing the role of Hermia in the 2009 season, and Swan Lake (2008), in which she was a Leading Swan. In International Gala 2008, Lisa performed a solo in Pretty Youth as part of guest choreographer Nils Christe’s work Purcell Pieces, also dancing in Christe's SYNC (...with attitude 2009).
Lisa has toured with the Company to Singapore, and to Germany and Switzerland in 2006, 2007 and 2009 and to Japan in 2008 and China in 2011.
Lisa was promoted to Soloist in April 2013 after performing the roles of the Fairy Godmother and Summer Fairy in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella.
- Fairy Godmother and Summer Fairy in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella
- Lilac Fairy in Francois Klaus’s The Sleeping Beauty
- Lady Capulet in Francois Klaus’s Romeo & Juliet
- Mother in Francois Klaus’s The Nutcracker
- Hermia in Francois Klaus’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Leading swan in Francois Klaus’s Swan Lake
- Soloist in Pretty Youth as part of Nils Christe’s Purcell Pieces
- NilsChriste's SYNC
- Kim McCarthy's Nineteen
- Mario Schroeder's Erdbeermund
- Buday's Partnered
- Micaela in Carmen
- Sylphide solo in Fonteyn Remembered
- Gareth Belling's Run
- Vivianne in King Arthur and the Tales of Camelot
Did you know?
Lisa would like to nuture emerging young talent by teaching ballet.